Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Best Christmas Present


My Best Christmas Gift

I received this framed print as a Christmas present.  It's a Golden Retriever, asleep on a patchwork quilt. 

The title block below the print includes this verse from Psalm 4:8.

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, For you alone, O Lord make me dwell in safety."

My wonderful Ace has been climbing up on the bed to sleep along side me, on a patchwork quilt for the last few nights.  He looks just like the dog in this print when he is asleep.

I've watched Ace sleep many times, and observed him while he dreams.  Sometimes he will wag his tail, or whimpering softly, or even growl a low growl sometimes.  I would give anything to know what he is dreaming about. 

When he wags his tail in his sleep, I like to think that I'm somewhere in his dream.  I know that I try to fill his little mind with reasons to wag his tail when he's awake.  

Sleep in Peace my little puppy. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment